I’m Alex, a Minneapolis-based freelance writer with more than nine years of professional writing experience. In my five years of freelancing, I’ve written about health and wellness, self-care, business, and more.
WHY HEALTH & WELLNESS?
Though I’ve researched and written about many different topics over the years, wellness is my niche — especially food and nutrition, mind-body practices, and self-care. My passion for health and nutrition began several years ago, following a personal diagnosis with ovarian cancer, Hashimoto’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and several other mystery ailments.
About a year before I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, my mother was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer. Immediately following her diagnosis, she and I teamed up to learn as much as possible about health and nutrition. My mom continues to be my greatest inspiration, and I simply don’t know anyone who works so tirelessly for good health!
Learn more about my wellness journey online here.
- 2011: Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing, Metropolitan State University
- 2011: Minor in Creative Writing, Metropolitan State University
- 2009: Associate of Arts, Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- 2020: The Science of Well-Being, Yale University
- 2021: Google Analytics for Beginners, Google Analytics Academy
- 2021: Introduction to Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices, Course one of five in the Integrative Health and Medicine Specialization, University of Minnesota
- 2021: Guided Imagery, Course two in the Integrative Health and Medicine Specialization, University of Minnesota
- 2021: Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare, Course five in the Integrative Health and Medicine Specialization, University of Minnesota